FibriCheck has been announced as one of 11 innovations selected to join the award-winning NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) in 2020
FibriCheck is thrilled to be among the new innovations joining the 2020 NIA programme.
FibriCheck is an innovative, hardware-free smartphone and smartwatch application that detects cardiac arrhythmias in order to prevent unnecessary strokes.
Following a rigorous, multi-stage assessment process, FibriCheck’s Chief Business Development Officer and co-founder, Bieke Van Gorp, was selected to be a NIA Fellow. “As a coveted opportunity afforded to only two international companies this year, I feel deeply honoured to be among fellow trailblazers that make up this year’s cohort.”
Bieke’s mission with FibriCheck is to contribute to transformations in the healthcare sector by introducing the use of smartphones or wearables as medical devices to open up healthcare services to more individuals, regardless of their proximity to healthcare providers, and by shifting the focus of healthcare towards prevention, helping people to live a long and healthy life.
The selection of FibriCheck in the NIA programme is a crucial milestone for increasing access for UK patients and means we will be able to more effectively scale in the UK over the next 3 years.
The NHS Innovation Accelerator (NIA) is an award-winning NHS England initiative delivered in partnership with England’s 15 Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs), hosted at UCLPartners. The NHS (National Health Service) England is the publicly funded healthcare system in England. The NIA supports delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan priorities by accelerating uptake of high impact innovations for patient, population and NHS staff benefit, and providing practical insights on spread to inform national strategy.
Since it launched in July 2015, the NIA has supported 60 Fellows representing 62 innovations. Over 2,210 additional NHS sites are now using NIA innovations.
For more details about the 2020 NIA Fellows and innovations, read the full article
For more information about the NIA, visit www.nhsaccelerator.com
The 11 innovations selected to join the NIA in 2020 are:
- QbTest: A CE-marked, FDA approved medical device that simultaneously measures attention, impulsivity and motor activity to speed up ADHD diagnosis and improve treatment evaluation
- Fibricheck: A medically certified app (CE Class IIA, FDA approved) capable of the early detection of heart rhythm disorders, such as atrial fibrillation, using a smartphone or smartwatch
- Health Navigator: AI-guided proactive health coaching to prevent avoidable urgent and emergency care
- Locum’s Nest: Award-winning software platform aiming to solve the staffing crisis through total workforce mobility by connecting healthcare professionals to vacant work
- Management and Supervision Tool (MaST): A dashboard that uses predictive analytics to generate insights which support staff to deliver high quality, effective mental health care
- MediShout: The world’s first platform to integrate all logistical departments in hospitals, giving clinicians an app to instantly report issues and using AI to predict future problems
- MyPreOp: A cloud-hosted programme enabling patients to enter, own and share their preoperative assessment information
- Patient Experience Platform (PEP): AI platform transforming healthcare and improving safety by empowering the digital voice of patients
- RIX Wiki: Software that enables people with learning disabilities to share personal health and care information for effective person-centred support in their communities
- Safe Steps: Reducing the number of preventable falls in the ageing population through digital, evidence-based interventions
- The WaterDrop: A low-cost, high impact innovation that enables patients to easily access fluids at any time without needing to call for help helping prevent dehydration and avoidable intravenous drips